NOTICE: The Internship Scholarship application window for spring/summer 2023 has closed.
We strive to provide resources to students in support of their internship opportunities. The cost of living and travel-related expenses should not be a deterrent to pursuing an internship in real estate. We are thrilled to offer two internship scholarship funds that are available to eligible students who have secured real estate internships and need financial support to cover the cost of housing, travel, and other related expenses. Please continue reading for more information on eligibility, timeline, and how to apply.
Weiser Center Internship Scholarship Fund
Students who qualify for the Weiser Center Internship Scholarship can receive up to $5,000 to support their real estate internship during the summer semester.
Blau Internship Scholarship Fund
Students who qualify for the Blau Internship Scholarship can receive up to $10,000 to support their internship at Related Companies during the summer semester.
Applications will be reviewed in two rounds. Applications submitted after the Round II deadline will not be considered.
- Application Deadline: Monday, February 20th at 9:00 AM EST
- Notice of funding approval/denial: Monday, March 6th
- Financial awards: Monday, April 3rd
- Application Deadline: Monday, March 27th at 9:00 AM EST
- Notice of funding approval/denial: Monday, April 10th
- Financial awards: Monday, May 1st
You should apply for funding if you are:*
- A current University of Michigan undergraduate or graduate student
- You are returning to the University of Michigan in the Fall of 2023 to continue your studies
- If the school or college you are enrolled in does not currently offer internship scholarship funds**
- If you have already secured a U.S.-based, real estate-focused internship for the summer of 2023.***
- If you are a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident
- Able to register for BA 226/326/526: Special Topics in Experiential Learning****
Notice: Due to awarding regulations changes, all financial student support, including, but not limited to internship support, must be reported against a student’s period of active enrollment. Receiving additional funds such as this award, may affect a student’s existing financial aid award. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid for help evaluating your individual circumstance and possible impact to your financial aid.
*Please note that meeting the baseline eligibility requirements does not guarantee funding. Applications will be evaluated based on a number of factors, including but not limited to the type of work involved in the internship and the level of financial need.
**Some schools and colleges across campus already have internship scholarship programs. If your school or college already has a program that you are eligible for, please apply for those programs instead. You can find a list of additional funding sources here.
***You will be asked to provide a copy of your offer letter as proof of your internship. You will also be asked to tell us about the type of work you expect to perform in your internship.
****Not all students will be required to enroll in BA 226/326/526. If you are awarded an internship scholarship, The Weiser Center for Real Estate will advise you on the next steps. More information about the course is included in the application.
How to Apply:
The Internship Program application window for spring/summer 2023 has closed.
Additional Questions? Please email email@example.com